Apr 1, 2008

I'm obsessed!

My sister came over the other day and told me that she would have been over a lot sooner than she was if she hadn't been reading a blog that had her completely engrossed.

Of course, I wanted to know what it was so I could become just as obsessed as she was if not more because I always get incredibly obsessed about anything new in my life and have to know everything there is to know about the subject.

One of my more recent obsessions was, Julian McMahon, and the show, Nip/Tuck. I now own all the seasons of, Profiler, Charmed, Nip/Tuck and a few really bad movies that Julian starred in many moons ago.

I got over that obsession after about 7 months. Anyway, I digress...

The blog my sister and I are now equally obsessed over is: http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/.

I have already spent three days reading all the back posts. Tonight I made her, "oatmeal crispies" and her, "best ever lasagna" recipes and I have to say the cookies were the best oatmeal cookies I have ever made.

I love how much Pioneer Woman is in love with her husband, "Marlboro Man" and her "Punk Kids".

For a moment I was sad that I had never thought of marrying a cowboy! Believe me the thought never crossed my mind until reading her posts about her hot, cowboy husband.

I married a city slicker and the only time I ever would have crossed paths with a cowboy, living where I live, is one who is horribly lost.

My husband is as far from being a cowboy as a man can get. He's a city slicker, raised in Los Angeles, while he considers me a country girl because I was raised half an hour away in suburbia.

I guess that would make me a country girl in his eyes.

Maybe we are the opposite of Pioneer Woman...I'm the cowgirl and he's the city slicker?

Hmm...I don't think so, but it's a nice thought anyway.

Does it count that my all time favorite books as a kid were the "Little House on the Prairie" series? I sooo wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder. I would pretend in my backyard, made mostly of concrete and a small patch of grass, surrounded by a brick fence, with the sound of the busy street traffic just over the other side (which sounded nothing like the sounds Laura Ingalls was used to... I'm sure) that I was riding in a covered wagon across the wide and open prairie and I had to survive on the land.

Fortunately my dad was a frustrated farmer and had planted tomatoes, herbs, strawberries, a peach tree, avocado tree, orange tree, lemon tree and an apricot tree on our postage stamp piece of land.

I harvested that fruit like I was storing up for a long, harsh winter which is highly unlikely considering I lived in a climate where the sun shines almost every day of the year and any other type of weather is cause for local television anchors to announce continuous coverage of a rain shower as,"Storm Watch 2008!"

Well, back to Pioneer Woman, check out her website and see if you don't become as obsessed with her charming life as I am.

Maybe there's a cowboy or cowgirl in your future.

It's too late for this girl as I've already found my Prince Charming, but as Pioneer Woman's story goes...she never in a million years thought she would ever end up on a working ranch married to a cowboy living far, far, away from her favorite obsession...Starbuck's.

No comments: