Jan 21, 2009

Sushi . . . hold the cake. . .

My favorite sister made this cool concoction for her hubby's birthday.
It's dinner and dessert in one savory bite. A sushi cake. Nothing tastes better than fish and chocolate, especially when you combine it with powdered sugar. It marries the flavors.

There's the birthday boy. That's a funnel on his head. There weren't any party hats hanging around the fire station. It's all work and no play for those guys.



This is the part where he made a wish. It won't come true. He is stuck with our family . . . forever and ever . . . Amen.

This is the deluxe version of the sushi cake. My sister can't stop making them. I can't wait for my birthday. I'm ordering the super deluxe boatload sushi cake special. I'll call it the "All- You-Can-Eat Sugar and Sushi Combo Platter." Yummy. . .

ps: The cake was delicious. It tasted just like chicken.

pps: No really...it was delicious. No fishy aftertaste.

ppps: In my serious voice: "Really, it was very, very delicious."

somebody stop me . . .

6 comments:

Teri said...

Hmm. You've got me curious here. I am a huge sushi girl. I could eat it every single day. I am intrigued by the mixing of sugar and seafood.

Hmm.

Swirl Girl said...

She is very talented. What, no fortune cookies?

Romi said...

Teri,

No mixing...it's candy that my sister made to look like sushi. I have a very clever sister.

Romi said...

Swirl Girl,

Great idea! One time my sister made giant foam fortune cookies for me (needed them for a display) They didn't taste very good.

Jealous Girls said...

WOW, your sister's Fireman Husband is handsome, lucky girl!!

lyngweeny said...

Thank you Jealous Girls.