Sep 23, 2008

Charmed, I'm Sure . . .

This is the house from the television show, "Charmed".
This is the house to the left of the Charmed house. The roof needs a little face lift. It's like the ugly step-sister from Cinderella.
This is the house to the right of the Charmed house. It's the other ugly step-sister. It's only a partial fixer upper. The top right quarter of the house is finished. It's been for sale for a while. I bet I know why it hasn't sold.
This is the reason why. This house is directly across the street from the Charmed house. This is where the devil lived. For at least one episode on the show. My husband dared me to play ding-dong-ditch at this house. I pretended like I didn't remember how to play the game and asked him to show me. He didn't fall for it. We played rock-paper-scissors to see which one of us would ring the bell and it was a draw. I love that game. Then we flipped a coin. Then we both yelled, "Not it!" at the same time. While I was trying to think of another childhood game my husband came to his senses and said something I can't repeat here and drove off down the street and jumped on the freeway towards home. He said he didn't know what came over him, and why he was sitting in front of the Charmed house playing games when he could be in his own house doing a whole lot of nothing. I told him that maybe the devil made him do it.



the end. . .

9 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Cool houses. I like how you tell this story. Does your hubby read the blog?

buffalodick said...

Neat houses! We have a "Heritage Hill" district in our town, where one house is completely restored, where the next one might be a wreck...

buffalodick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The devil moved. He lives across the street from me and is the president of our homeowners association.

Candid Carrie said...

Fascinating camera angles. I love how you take a straight forward shot of the beautiful homes and a twisted, spooky below ground level looking up picture of the step-sister houses.

Show us a picture of your house, I am wondering what angle you will use.

And you can go to hell for kidding around about going to hell.

I am just kidding. The devil's best friend made me say that because he has nothing else to do while he is waiting for you and me to join him in limbo.

Rosemary Q said...

Candid Carrie,

>>"I am just kidding. The devil's best friend made me say that because he has nothing else to do while he is waiting for you and me to join him in limbo."<<


Would that be considered a double date? Are we going to flip a coin to see which one of us gets the real deal and which one gets the best friend? I call heads! :-)

Tanya said...

Even if the devil was there, I'd kick his butt out and move right in. I love homes like this with a passion. I want to see the inside! Dare your husband to go take photos for me...or you could! :)

Candid Carrie said...

I am pretty sure that my ex-husband made some kind of a pact with the devil and that's too close for comfort in my opinion. So you can have the real deal and I can take D's BF because I am sure that it is Alice Cooper. But if it is Gene Simmons then you can have him and I'll go back with the Devil.

I am so going to hell now!

Whitney said...

Wow. Those houses are awesome!